Here are some of the interesting and funny facts about humans by which you will be amazed.
- Children born blind still smile, meaning smiling is not a learned response. It’s something humans do innately
- During your lifetime you will produce enough saliva to full up two swimming pools.
- Each finger and toenail takes six months to grow from base to tip.
- Every time you sneeze it reaches speeds of over 100mph, which is why people struggle to keep their eyes open when they sneeze.
- Everyone has a unique smell, except for identical twins.
- Facial hair grows faster than any other hair on the human body, which explains the 5 o clock shadow that men get.
- When you sleep, you grow by about 8mm (0.3in). The next day you shrink back to your former height. The reason is that your cartilage discs are squeezed like sponges by the force of gravity when you stand or sit.
- Humans and dogs are the only two species known to seek visual cues from another individual’s eyes, and dogs only do this when interacting with humans.
- If you squeezed out all of the bacteria from your intestines, you could almost fill up a coffee mug.
- It takes an interaction of 72 different muscles to produce human speech.
- Laughing lowers levels of stress hormones, and strengthens the immune system. Six-year-olds have it best – they laugh an average of 300 times a day. Adults only laugh 15 to 100 times a day.
- The acid in your stomach, that which helps digest your food, is strong enough to dissolve iron nails.
- The attachment of the human skin to muscles is what causes dimples.
- The female ovaries contain nearly half-a-million egg cells, yet only 400 or so will ever get the opportunity to create a new life.
- The focusing muscles of the eyes move around 100,000 times a day. To give your leg muscles the same workout, you would need to walk 80km (50 miles) every day.
- The largest organ in the body is the skin. In an adult man it covers about 1.9m2 (20sq ft).
- The number one cause of blindness in the United States is diabetes.
- The storage capacity of human brain exceeds 4 Terabytes.
- Women have a better sense of smell than men and continue to have a better sense of smell throughout their lives.
- Your brain is more active at night than during the day.