The marks that appears in our Skin after stretching and contraction is simply know as Stretch Mark. These marks are very common among women, especially after pregnancy. Various causes of stretch marks after pregnancy is because of hormonal changes, fat loss in the abdomen after delivery and so on. We can clearly see fine lines around the areas where fats have accumulated, mostly in the stomach, chest, belly bottom and thighs.
Now the problem is how to get rid of stretch marks after delivery?
Wow! Have some patience for removing the marks. We can’t remove it instantly or completely. Many cosmetic products such as creams, lotions are available. We also have option of surgical treatments. But why to spend lots of money when we can simply reduce by home products.
The foremost idea to reduce stretch is to moisturize skin so that it remains hydrated. The more skin gets soft the less will be stretch marks. So, here are some of the idea to follow:-
1. Oil Treatment
Need to massage the abdomen area, belly, thighs, and chest regularly with oils which will help skin to become smooth and will be able to see the desired results of reduced stretch marks. Some of the popular oils to be used for this purpose are as follows:
- Olive Oil: This oil is famous remedy for pregnancy stretch marks. Take olive oil in your palms and massage it around your stomach and belly bottom regularly so that the lines start disappearing. Take bath immediately after applying oil on stretch marks. This is a time-taking process but gives you the result.
- Vitamin E Oil: We can Mix Vitamin E oil with any of favorite moisturizer and apply it on the stretch marks on a regular basis.
- Other Oils Treatments: We can use other types of oils like as almond oil, coconut oil and avocado oil.
2. Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera is very popular herb all around the world. It can help to diminish stretch marks well. We need to apply aloe vera gel on the stretch marks. Using fresh aloe vera is better to reduce unnecessary use of chemicals. It promotes healing and soothes skin.
We must keep body well-hydrated. So drinking enough amount of water is necessary. At least need to drink 10-12 glasses of water every day. Being hydrated keep our skin free from many problems, including stretch marks. Beside, we must reduce the use of coffee, tea or soda as it can cause dehydration.
4. Egg Whites
Egg is rich source of protein. Applying white fluid of egg is considered to be an very effective remedy for stretch marks. Proteins in egg whites rejuvenate our skin. Apply them on the stretch marks regularly.
5. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is acidic in nature. It helps in healing or reducing stretch marks. Simply we need to rub lemon juice on the stretch marks and soak into affected area. After some time rinse and wash with cold water. Daily use is recommended.
6. Potato Juice
Cut a potato it into two half and rub it on the stretch marks. Make sure that the juice gets soak into the skin. Later wash it off with water.
7. Sugar Scrub
Scrubbing can be another remedy for stretch marks. Mix a tablespoon of sugar with few drops of lemon juice and a little almond oil. Mix it well and make lotion. Then apply mixture on affected areas. Sugar scrub exfoliates dead skin. We can do it daily before taking bath.
Avoid Getting Stretch Marks During Pregnancy
Prevention is said to be better that cure. So we must be cautious not to use any products later.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Diet must have enough amount of vitamin C, vitamin E and proteins. It helps in improving elasticity, increase collagen production, and fasten tissue repair and growth.
- Must drink lots of water to keep yourself hydrated. Also can consume anti oxidant-rich black, white or green tea.
- Must keep the body rejuvenated and blood circulated by walking or doing yoga regularly.
- Rub and massage gently with Olive oil on stomach during pregnancy.
Reference : Natural remedies of pregnancy mark